Going in for sport is very important for each of us as it keeps us healthy. It is very good if you are having some morning exercises- jogging, press-ups, sit-ups…
I go in for basketball at our school and I approve of a healthy style of living. I choose basketball because I like that sport very much.
Basketball is one of the world’s most popular and widely viewed sports. A team can score a field score by shooting the ball through the basket during the play. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
Before having my first basketball lesson, I was fond of watching it on TV, but really I couldn’t understand the rules of that sport. And I even can’t imagine that playing basketball is so wonderful and amazing. Yes, I’m going in for basketball for 3 months, but I have learnt so much, that now when I’m watching basketball matches on TV, I sometimes realizing what mistakes are the athletes doing. As I said I have learnt much, but I don’t use to use these knowledge in my play, maybe that is because I’m a freshman in that sport.
There are many people who go to aerobics-which is good for heart and it helps to keep fit, to yoga-it is good for stretching the body and for relaxing, to gym to do weight training which is the best way to build up muscles.
As I said, sports and games are very important for keeping healthy living, but there is another thing which is important too. It is healthy food- vegetables, fruit, cereals, whole-meal bread…. If you aren’t using healthy food you can’t be healthy, even if you are going in for sport. Besides, there is one more important thing- stressful situations and alcohol. You ought to avoid stressful situations and not to worry about any problems and don’t drink alcohol.
Text from the internet
– Do you go in for any kind of sports?
– I go in for basketball at our school and I approve of a healthy style of living. Every morning I do physical exercises. In addition to playing basketball our coach also organizes mini competitions in running and jumping.
– Do you think that going in for sport makes a person stronger both in body and character?
– Yes, of course, besides gaining physical strength a person becomes more purposeful, firm in character and hard-working. No sportsman can make any progress without these characteristic features. But from my point of view going in for big sport and striving for new records may have destructive influence on health. If a person has a great ambition to become a championor set up a new record, he will have to train for 6-8 hours a day which may later cause heart problems.
– What kinds of sports and sport games are included in the summer Olympic games?
– First of all, I would like to mention athletics which is considered to be the Queen of sports. Various sport events are included in athletics: running different distances, jumping, throwing a discus, javelin and a hammer, jogging and so on. The next kind of sports is gymnastics which is a very difficult kind of sport. Other kinds of summer sports are: swimming, wrestling, weight lifting, boxing, horse riding, cycling, yachting, archery, shooting, fencing, rowing and diving. I can mention such sport games as: basketball, volley-ball, hand-ball, water-polo, grass-hockey, lawn tennis, table tennis, football.
What winter kind of sports and games do you know?
In winter Olympic games the sportsman compete in the following events: figure skating, skiing, skating, ice-hockey, slalom, biathlon, sledging. From my pint of view the most beautiful kinds of sport are figure skating and art gymnastics which are combination of art and sport, grace and strength, freedom of beautiful motions combined with music. On the other hand, I don’t like boxing, wrestling and weightlifting which are demonstrations of rude strength only. I am especially against such sport games as American football and rugby. These sport games provoke rudeness, cruelty and wickedness.
Different nations have kind of sports which are popular only in their own countries. For example, sumo i Japan, Rodeo in Spain and Mexico, cricket and fishing in England, gorodki in Russia, Sabanduy in Kazakhstan and Kokh in Armenia.
Actually I agree with this text, but there is a point, about what I would like to speak. In this text is saying that professional sport is bad for the health. But I think that there are some sports which are bad for the health. Some of them are boxing, gymnastics, football, weightlifting, athletics, etc. Going in for these sports the professional athletes can have injuries which are bad for the health. But there are also some sports which professional training has got good sites. For example, swimming. It is good for heart, for structure of body. So I think all ought to be in measure.
loose- պարտվել/lose-lost lost/
board game-սեղանի խաղեր
challenge-մարտահրավեր նետել, դժվար գործ
cheat-խարդախություն անել/ ուսուցչին խաբել/դավաճանություն
folk music-ժողովրդական երաժշտություն
score-հաշիվ, գոլ խփել
support-պաշտպանել, հովանավորել, աջակցել
video game-վիդեո խաղ
eat out-դուրսն ուտել
give up-թարգել, դադարեցնել մի բան անել
send off-խաղից դուրս թողնել